Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Staffing

Today we were staffed for the boys' one year old brother. We have known about him since we were staffed for the boys and we always thought we would get him when the time came for him to move into an adoptive family. But today they made the decision for him to stay with his current foster home. I am sad for the loss of a little one in our family and I am very sad that the boys won't grow up in the same house as their brother. I can't imagine having a sibling (or more) that lives somewhere else and that I have little to no contact with. I feel like they are missing out on an important piece of themselves. So now we have some decisions to make about how to grow our family (no we are not done!) I am going to start considering foster care placements that come our way (we get them every so often from the local foster care agency) and we are still considering doing IVF when Mark comes home. We have missed out on the boys' little kid years and we very much want to experience that as parents! Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers that were sent to us during the staffing! We are blessed:)

No comments:

Post a Comment