Friday, February 26, 2010

M and baby Y

Baby Y came up in conversation this morning (as he does most days) and I had to break the news to M (and Z) that he was not coming to live with us. As I had expected M broke out in tears and wanted an explanation as to why he wasn't coming. I explained to him that he was going to live with the family he has always lived in. He then wanted to move in with them so that he could see Y all the time! Through his tears he said "now I won't have a brother". I said "yes you do...you have Z!" I did a little more explaining of the situation and told him that we would have more kids (brothers and sisters for him) in our family soon and he calmed down. I'm sure this won't be the last time we talk about this but I'm glad it's out in the open! Where is Mark when we have these conversations?!?! (along with all the other "boy" conversations we have in a week!) I'm ready for him to be home so I can defer the boys to him at times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment